Friday, January 15, 2010

Making Memories

This year I wanted to plan something special for the family that we would remember for a long time. I interpreted in a class at MCC for a teacher that is an actor at the Hale Theater in Gilbert. I had never been to that theater before but had heard wonderful things about it. I got tickets for our family and crossed my fingers that the show would be good and my children would be better.


We got there for the matinee show and was pleasantly surprised at how the theater was decorated for Christmas. The theater really is a beautiful little gem in downtown Gilbert.

Aren't my girls beautiful? Calvin was having a moment and wouldn't pose for a pic by the tree with the girls.

An old fashioned sled full of gifts.

Inside the theater looking up at Scrooge's bed chamber.

Hale theater is a theater in the round. Even though the stage is literally in the center of the room, the actors enter and exit seamlessly. They even come up into the audience for some scenes. It was very fun to be so close up and personally involved with the show.


The actors were singing carols for us when we came out of the theater. Their costumes were amazing.

The Gilbert water tower is now the center piece of a little historic park. Gilbert was planning to tear it down until the residents let them know that this is an important piece of Gilbert history. I'm glad they kept it.

After dinner, we walked across the street to Joe's Real BBQ. Yum
After dinner and the show we drove to the Mesa Temple to look at their Christmas lights. We also made a quick stop at the neighborhood "train yard" to see the model trains that are set up in an entire back yard.

The show was so much better than I ever expected. My kids were wonderfully behaved. Thanks for the memories.

No comments: