Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Wedding

Angie and Nico got married on October 10, 2009 at the Jacob Smith House in Lacey, WA. It was so much fun to help her get some last minute things ready for the big day. Angie and Nico did an amazing job of putting the wedding together. I know it was a lot of work but well worth the effort. The ceremony was wonderful and we wish them a long and happy life together.

Angie's bouquet. I love the curly fern things. (I have no idea what they are called)

Here comes the bride. All ready to go down the isle. Places everyone, places!!

Bryan, Nico and James

Some serious (and not so serious) words on zombies.

Exchanging the rings.

Nancy & Erika

It is truly fall here in the Pacific Northwest. We decorated the house with pumpkins and fall leaves.


The dessert table. Beautiful if I do say so myself.

A Day of the Dead bride and groom adorned the top of the cheesecake.

The red velvet and pumpkin spice cupcakes looked beautiful. But not too beautiful to eat.

The apple cider donuts were wonderful too.

Bev and Rosie did a fantastic job with the flowers and cream cheese mints. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the tables when they were dressed or of those little darn mints. We only had one useable mint mold. Rosie scooped and Bev molded. It took a long time and I think there were even a few swear words. he But they got the job done.

I thought of the idea to use pumpkins with flowers as the centerpieces. They turned out better than I imaged.

One of the beautiful corsages.

Their unity candle. The white stay lit to symbolize their individuality. The center is lit to represent their marriage.

As party favors, the bride and groom brewed and bottled their own pumpkin ale. Erika made the label for them. What a fantastic idea! Very delish too.

Instead of a guest book they had us sign the mat in this picture frame. Matted is their marriage logo. I love the black bird coming out of the jack-o-lantern. Why didn't I get a picture of the black bird guarding the card basket?

Missy(in her cool new houndstooth jacket), Angie and Beth

The kids having great fun!

No comments: