Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Cake Pops



Frank & Mummy

Happy Halloween! We had our annual Halloween party last night. It was really fun. We had a pasta bar with red meat sauce and white alfredo sauce. We also had chicken and meatballs from Von Hansens. After dinner, the kids got ready to go out trick-or-treating. Uncle Brent was brave and took the older girls all over the place. They had to come home to drop off all their candy and were ready to go back out again but Brent was worn out. Daddy took them around to a few more houses. The kids came back and we watched a movie projected on a white sheet that we hung on the garage. We watched Halloween Town and The Haunted Mansion. The popcorn was also very popular. We went through 4 bags of microwave popcorn and and entire batch of carmel corn. none left:( But a lot of happy customers. yay

 

Each year I make a different halloween cake. This year I have been itching to try the technique of making cake pops that I found on Bakerella. I started with the mummys. They gave me a real hard time. I learned not to make them too big or they will fall off the stick. I also learned that it works better if you freeze them prior to dipping them. Needless to say, it was much easier to make Frank. I also learned that even though the long sticks look cool, the short sticks really work better and are easier to get in the fridge. I opted not to even put a mouth on Frankenstein because he was so cute just as he is. Here are a few of my new friends to wish you "Happy Halloween". 


No comments: